Job Connect is a program of the Ontario Government designed to bridge the gap of employability by assisting individuals seeking employment and employers seeking new employees to meet their business needs.
The program has three components tailored to meet the needs of the individual:
- The Information and Resourse Service (IRS) provides workshops, information and resources on careers and occupations, the local labour market, training opportunities and job search strategies, as well as information on apprenticeship training.
- Employment Planning and Preparation (EPP) offers individuals the support needed to clarify employment needs and develop an action plan, assist with making decisions and searching for a job.
- Job Development and Placement Supports (JDPS) provides placements into employment for work experience and/or on-the-job training.
How can employers benefit from Job Connect:
Employers wishing to hire staff can benefit from the program by advertising job openings through the Information and Resource Service. Job Connect staff can provide employers with screening and recruitment services to meet their business needs. Through the Job Development and Placement Support employers may be eligible for training incentives to offset some of the costs of providing on-the-job training/work experience to a Job Connect participant.
Who can participate?
- Information and Resource Service: Anyone seeking employment and/or training can access this walk-in community resource
- Employment Planning and Preparation, and Job Development Placement Support: People who are at least 16 years old, out of school and out of work, and not recieving Employment Insurance (EI) Benefits.
How can I access this service?
Contact our Employment Advisor:
Geraldton Composite High School
300 Beamish Avenue
P.O. Box 368
Geraldton, ON P0T 1M0
Tel: (807) 854-0859
Fax: (807) 854-0268